Thursday 19 November 2009


So, after writing group the other day, Eleanor and Rachel had the brilliant idea that I should write about the joys and woes of wedding planning, since I have a unique spin on the concept. Here is the catch--as of right now, I am not engaged. Chris and I have been dating for about two years now and we are planning on getting married June 5th, 2010. I have already booked the place. It is a beautiful farm in New Hampshire. They even offer a horse and buggy, as well as hay rides for guests (it's an extra $250 for the hay rides and a whopping $500 for the horse and buggy). I have relinquished all of my regular student duties (aka homework and projects) in order to search wedding blogs until I have carpal tunnel and bugged-out eyes. As of yet, I have come up with some great ideas for my "farm" style wedding. Originally, I planned to have a beachy blue, tan, and white wedding despite the fact that it is (1) not at the beach and (2) at a farm!? But now, since I have recently come to my aesthetic senses, I have decided that the colors for my wedding will be (drum roll please) blue and orange! Random, I know, but it is in keeping with the fact that neither Chris and I are very formal people and we wanted to have a kind of playful wedding--one that even incorporates Chris' favorite food, which, believe-it-or-not means that we will have hot wings. I am going to try not to partake of these, seeing that I always find a way to get food on my dress and I don't think the photographer will appreciate the inevitability of a huge red blob of hot sauce on my ahem....bosom?

No comments:

Post a Comment